LinkedIn took away a job seeker’s most important statistic, the number of profile views over a short period of time. (See below)
There is hope!
If enough of us request the short-term number’s return, LinkedIn may bring it back. I recommend we make the request in two (2) ways.
- Click on the small photo in the upper right hand corner of your homepage
- Click on Help Center
- Scroll down to the bottom of the new page then click on Contact Us
- In the box “describe issue” write:
Please reinstate “Your profile has been viewed by X people in Y days.” (Minimum of weekly numbers please!) This was the most important statistic LinkedIn provided job seekers.
The current “profile viewers in the past 90 days” is useless for them especially since one must scroll all the way to the bottom page to access the number of viewers were in Private Mode.
- Copy #4 above
- Go to your profile
- Scroll to bottom of page
- Click Send Feedback
- Click I have a suggestion of comment
- Paste #4 above into the box
I already have made the requests and received the auto response. I hope you will do the same even if you aren’t currently in job search mode. It’s all about the eyeballs (or Eye-Gors) on your profile.